Monday, April 20, 2015

Having a Roommate that is a Cat




One night my daughter came home with a little scared kitten. She named he Sunday. Now Sunday, was a little Tuxedo cat. She wanted nothing to do with us other than she was quite happy to be with humans. It was quite evident that Sunday had lived with humans before. Now being a cat myself, a Leo, I understand that cats will love you if they are going to love you in their own time. So other than taking her to the vet, getting her tested for Feline Leukemia, updating her shots, having the vet tell us that she was around three years old, I did not mess with her much. She settled in a rountine. She did not seem very well to me but the vet said she was fine. But she slept all day and all night most of the time. She ate very little. She was fixed.  She was a tiny little thing. She looked like she was more like a three month old kitten then a three year old.


I bought the best food for her. We had two other cats and she was nice to them. All three lived pretty much in harmony. Except for Sophie who was my cat. She did not appreciate a new cat in the house. She began to urninate on everything. I took her to the vet, she growled all the time. The vet said she did not have a urinary tract infection but she was just angry.  So I could have her wetting on everything so she had to move out in the garage for a while. She was smart and knew why she was being moved out. I would let her back in part of the day. She would be really good for a while and then she would go back to peeing on everything. In the mean time Sunday began the same behavior as did Zola my daughters other cat. I was home so I would say to each one, every couple of hours that now I want you to make a good decison and I would let them out. As long as I remembered to let each one out every couple of hours they did not wet on anything. Sunday continued to sleep a lot. My daughter just fell in love with this little cat. Though she was just a little bit of a thing she had a big personality.  Now Sunday slept in my sock drawer. This went on for about six months. Finally the day came when Sunday decided to join the family. She came bouncing out of my bedroom like I am lonesome I want to be part of the family now.  From then on she would cry in the middle of the night and if someone got up and kissed her head, she would snuggle down and go back to sleep. She liked to sleep wrapped in a lap blanket on the back of a couch.  Summer came and Sunday would go off sometimes for a day or so a a time. She  would come if you called her. She never really went far but it was like she was not sure she wanted to live with us.  Well, Sunday and Zola got ready to move with my daughter, who was moving to Seattle. Sophie, stopped peeing on things and got ready to move with me. I was moving into an apartment. Once we were moved she never again peed on anything she just was mad. Well, Sunday moved with my daughter and it took some doing to get her to stop peeing on everything.  She lived with my daughter around another five years. She died at home. My daugher still misses her. She is remembered as she was a little bundle of fur, tiny in stature, but big in personality.

Judi Singleton owns and operates Bejewelu.com

No comments:

Post a Comment